Biography / Background
Publications / Books
Views: 1964 - Lastest Update: 11/8/2013
Thạc Sỹ Hoàng Thị Giang Lam
||Giảng viên (Lecturer/Researcher)
||Khoa Sư phạm Tiếng Anh/Faculty of English
||Tầng 1, Nhà D3, Trường ĐHSP Hà Nội.
||firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Biography / Background
Hoang Thi Giang Lam has been a lecturer at the Faculty of Eglish, Hanoi National University of Education (HNUE) since 1999, and is currently a PhD candidate at Faculty of Education, Monash University, Australia.
Working as a lecturer of English to English majors and in-service training students nationwide, she is reponsible for teaching the subjects of British Culture and Civilization, English Literature, English Language Development Skills, Second Language Research, and Professional Presentation. She has been also actively involved in a variety of areas including supervising graduate theses and students' research; developing, reviewing and evaluating curricula and course materials for the undergraduate and postgraduate at HNUE.
She has been working for some research projects to enhance learners' learning strategies, learner autonomy, teacher professional development, and teaching and learning innovation.
Her research interests cover the field of Civilization and Culture Studies, English Literature, English Language Education, English Language Teacher Education, Language Alternation, Teacher Professional Development, and Learning Strategies. Her current research project is about language alternation practices of EFL novice teachers in Vietnam sponsored by Australian Develoment Award Scholarship.
- 2010, Teaching English to Young Learners, SEAMEO RETRAC, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam + US Embassy in Vietnam, #
- 2007, Specialist Certificate in Language Curriculum and Materials Development , Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) Regional Language Centre (RELC), Singapore, #
- 2007, Training and Developing Primary Teachers: Curriculum Development and Syllabus Design, University of Auckland, Ausckland, New Zealand, #
- 2004, MA in TESOL, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, #
- 2004, Train the trainers in Course and Curriculum Design, Institute of Technical Education, Vietnam Singapore Training Center, #
- 2004, Train the trainers in Instructional Skills, Institute of Technical Education, Vietnam Singapore Training Center, #
- 1998, BA in TEFL, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, #
- 2008-2012, TOEFL Trainer, Centre for International Education and Training (CIET), Hanoi National University of Education
- 2008-2010, TOEIC Trainer, EQuest Academy, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 1999-2012, Lecturer of English, Faculty of English, Hanoi National University of Educaiton
- 1998-2008, Interpreter, Machino Auto Parts Ltd. Company – Honda Corporation of Vietnam
- 1998-2004, Teacher of Viernamese, Vietnamese Overseas Organization – 96 Tho Nhuom Street – Hanoi – Vietnam
- 09/1998-06/2001, Lecturer of English, Hanoi University of Foreign Languages – VNU
- October 2007,Regional Language Center, Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization, Singapore
- 2012-2016,Australian Development Award to Doctoral Research
- 2012-2016, Doctor of Philosophy, Monash University, Advisor: Dr. Anna Filipi, Dr. Dat Bao, Level: Doctor, Type: Regular
- 2002-2004, Master of Arts, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, Advisor: Nguyen Quang, Level: Master, Type: Regular
- 1994-1998, Bachelor of Arts, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, Advisor: , Level: Bachelor/Engineer, Type: Regular
- 2010-2011, Research Member, Preliminary evaluation and recommendation to improve the current teaching and learning British Culture and Civilization at Faculty of English, Hanoi National University of Education, Hanoi National University of Education
- 2007-2008, Research Member, Fostering learner autonomy in teaching and learning British Culture and Civilization at Faculty of English, Hanoi National University of Education, Hanoi National University of Education
Publications / Books
- 2012, Hoang Thi Giang Lam, Do Thi Phi Nga, Bui Thi Bich Thuy, A Glimpse into Britain, Publishing House of Hanoi National University of Education, ,
- 2011, Hoang Thi Giang Lam, Learner’s strategy and key steps of teaching new strategy of Sara Cotterall and Hayo Reinders to 1st year students of English, Journal of Science, Hanoi National University of Education, 56 (1), 138-143
- 2010, Hoang Thi Giang Lam and Nguyen Thi Ha, How to foster learner autonomy in teaching Country Studies at Faculty of English, Hanoi National University of Education, Journal of Science, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, 26 (4), 239-245
- 2009, Hoang Thi Giang Lam, Listening 2, Publishing House of Hanoi National University of Education, ,
- 5 July 2013, Novice EFL teachers in tertiary education: Towarrds professional development in Vietnam, Paper accepted for presentation at MERC Annual Conference, Monash University
- 4 July 2013, Methods and findings of Conversation Analysis (CA) and their applications to education, Short co-presentation with Dr Anna Filipi and Huong Quynh Tran at Research Winter School, Monash University
- 10 May 2010, Story Telling to Young Learners, Selected Topics in ELT, U.S. Embassy, Hanoi